Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Was the Irish voted rigged? Fraudulent? Other Irish Abortion vote thoughts

The following entry consists of a couple of blog comments I entered on OnePeterFive about the Irish Pro-Abort vote. First:
As always, I'm "a day late and a dollar short" on posting, but as I just posted to the original article here and 1P5, the Irish vote was a fraud. And actually, what is most disturbing about this is that so few seem to care. Read the following article for plenty of evidence why it was a fraudulent vote, and general info on how ridiculously sloppy the Irish voting is.
Was the Irish Abortion vote rigged?
In any other country on planet earth, a gaping chasm of 22 percent between opinion polls and official results would be laughed off the stage. 
https://www.henrymakow.com/...
Then, to a blogger chastising me for bring up a crazy conspiracy site, and quoting them and raising the question, giving such "nuts" a venue, I wrote...
Second:
Thank you for telling me this, but first, obviously, just because a conspiracy theorist reports something doesn't mean it isn't trueOne has to go into the details to debunk it. Sort of like the "911 Truthers". I've had to do a search on the Net to debunk a local person here who believes the whole "Truther" deal. And fortunately, there's been thorough investigations over the years to disprove them.
So, show me the Irish government's (or the EU's) thorough investigation into Irish voting. Can't do that? Hmmm.... And show me Ireland's equivalent of Fox News or Rush Limbaugh. Can't do that either? Hmmm....
See, I'm a journalist -- at least trained as one at the best J-School in the US (at Ohio University) and I've worked in textbook publishing and in and around politics for ages. (I'm 60 now.) And I know there is simply no lengths the Left or whatever you want to call it won't go to get what they want. Vote fraud is basic to them.
And the American Democrat Party was run by the Irish from the mid-1800s till WWII (it was the Irish Pendergast machine that put Harry Truman into the Vice-Presidency by cutting the phone cables to the Convention hall to prevent FDR from getting his then-current Veep, Henry Wallace, reappointed.
I've seen in my own years of experience how the Democrats will stop at nothing to cheat the vote, and I'm sure the same has occurred in Ireland. And as I've noted earlier, I've spent enough time in Ireland to actually an Ghaeilge a fhoghlaim, agus is breá liom na Irish to drive mad by promoting it and speaking it, when so many of them loathe it. (A sinful pleasure, perhaps, but they're so NOT used to contrary views.)
I actually worked in an Irish language bookstore for a year, speaking Irish all day to the point I could nearly forget "the Englishry" of the poor country. And that was in the greater Dublin area.
Excuse the length of this, but it's all by way of saying:
A I know something of the Irish, past and present. They are in their nature closed-minded, obstinate, and in that sense "conservative": i.e. it took the English manipulating the potato blight to murder or exile a third of the Irish population in order to change their language and "break" them of rebellion (didn't work, that aspect of it) but once they changed the language, they wouldn't change back! Conturtach is a good word to describe 'em.
B I'm biased both for and against them, loving so many of them alive now, and so many more of them dead in the past, when they kept, and defended, at terrible cost, a magnificent language and culture so tenaciously, and loathing a great deal of them too for dumping the same (and praying about 'em, despite that).
C I'm quite aware of their politics, both at home in 'the State" and abroad in how they manifest themselves historically and in the present day.
D I can readily believe they'd "vote" for "gay marriage" and abortion, to some extent, but when the vote is 22 percent in favor of death, c'mon, I'm not going to believe that. They're the most child-orientated people I've lived among -- I'm now in Hungary, which is desperately trying to encourage Hungarians to give birth, because the nation will cease to exist in another century or so. And I know the Irish are changing fast, all true, but to this extent?
And finally E: it is so easy for Trad Catholics to be negative. Dour. Gritty and grim. We've been lied to so often and the Church is such an unholy mess, all that.
Yet I remain enough of an optimist to insist that this recent Irish vote doesn't really exhibit the majority's will. But, we'll see.
An Préachán

2 comments:

  1. Great analysis as always.

    https://youtu.be/isjJT3OCDrM

    ReplyDelete
  2. >E: it is so easy for Trad Catholics to be negative.

    “Actually I am a Christian and indeed a Roman Catholic, so that I do not expect ‘history’ to be anything but a ‘long defeat’— though it contains some samples or glimpses of final victory” - J.R.R. Tolkien

    ReplyDelete